Our range of Bitpost ™ Timber Stain and Preserver is available in two grades:
Brush On - Gives an economical yet high quality finish which is ideal for larger projects.
Spray Grade - Is intended for smaller projects like flower boxes, veggie garden boxes etc.
Bitpost ™ Brush On :- in either 4 litre or 20 litre containers and in 200 litre Drums.
Spray Grade Kits :- in either 5 litre and 8 litre.
Bitpost ™ Spray Grade (Sprayer Refills) :- in either 4 litre or 20 litre containers.
Description and General Information
BitPost ™ is an alternative product for Creosote or Carbolineum. It is a New Zealand manufactured bituminous emulsion / polymer product.
Because of its rot-resisting and disinfecting effect, BitPost ™ is ideally suited for the preservation and staining of wooden structures such as Post and Rail fences, Retaining walls and Construction timber framing etc. It is also suitable to preserve in-ground planted posts.
Timber typically requires one coat only although when spraying it might require two coats to ensure an even black end result. One (1) Litre will cover approximately 2 to 3 Square Meters. On Post and (3 rails) fence 1 Litre will cover approximately 3 to 4 Linear Meters, stained on both sides. One can expect to use a little more product when spraying and this will depend on the spray equipment used.
BitPost ™ - Brush on is intended primarily for surface application by brushing, dipping or by airless spray equipment.
BitPost ™ - Spray Grade is intended primarily for surface application by spraying with a knapsack garden sprayer or by other spray equipment.
A re-coat will be required after 3 to 5 years, where after it will last another 8 to 10 years before coating again.
The colour is black to very dark brown.
- BitPost ™ is an alternative product for the use of Creosote or Carbolimium which has been limited and/or forbidden by some countries due to the introduction of stricter environmental regulations.
- BitPost ™ will retard distortion, movement and splitting of timber, due to weather exposure
- BitPost ™ is non-corrosive to metals
- Can be used on other wood structures
- Suitable on in-ground Posts
- Will penetrate the timber rapidly
- For best results apply to dry timber
BitPost ™ is idealy suited for:
- Horse Fencing : Horses will not nibble on coated fence.
- Chicken Coops : BitPost will reduce the risk of RED MITE infestation.
- Vegetable Gardens : BitPost can be used on boxes and stakes.
Please select a Product for more Information or to Purchase